2017 Land Of Service Overview
The Land of Service is a recognition program of MN FFA during State Convention. Chapters from across the state of Minnesota plan and conduct service projects and then submit any service hours they are involved in to MN FFA to be recognized during State Convention. The original goal of Land of Service was to have 10,000 service hours but MN FFA had more than tripled that last year.
- This year's goal is to get 50% of members participating. The deadline to turn in hours will be April 1st - any hours turned in after that will not be used towards recognition calculation
- Top 3 chapters will receive plaques; top ten chapters will be recognized on stage.
- The recognizing of these chapters will be based on hour points formulated from hours and percentage of membership participating in each project. This is meant to encourage greater participation by all members and in the end also continue to increase our hours.
- Service hours are working hours. There will not be a conversion for any food items, only the time it required to collect it, transport it, etc.
Possible Service Projects
- Raking Leaves
- Cleaning Local Cemeteries or Parks
- Corn Drives
- Food Drives
- Basket Social- Baking food and putting it in a basket then selling and donating the money towards charity
- County Fairground clean up
- Adopt a highway
- Adopt a family
- Big brother/big sister program
- Landscaping in community
- Visiting folks in a retirement home
Land Of Service Hours are Due to MN FFA
Complete online at https://form.jotform.com/MNFFA/1617LandofService